Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Almost that time of year again...School!

At this time of the year, my mind is always focusing on getting ready for three boys to enter into another school year. There are always supplies that are needed before they start. Last year I bought a ton of school supplies just in case the boys needed it during the school year. Stores have a habit of only selling their school supplies at a really low price at the beginning of the school year. I think about the whole year. Pencils break, colors get lost, paper gets used, folders bend, and glue is used. My boys are always coming home around Christmas time with a note that they need some of these items. This happened last year and every year since MG started school.

I like to get the list for everyone (MG won't have one in Jr. High) and write a list of everything I need then check off the items I already have such as manilla folders, folders with clasps, pencils, erasers, black composition books, crayons, glue, and rulers. Oh my, I have so many rulers that I have collected over the years. It is pretty easy to stock up during this time of the year. Thank Goodness, I would be paying an arm and a leg for things that are needed if not!

A new chapter in MG's life is about to start for him: Going into Junior High. How is that it feels like my own time in Junior High was not that long ago?! Yet it has been a little over 20 years since I started those years. I think every school year goes by faster than the last. Each summer zooms by so quickly that I get lightheaded just thinking about it. So anyway, I see a LOT of stores selling tons of schools supplies at a cheap rate. I really don't need much.  MG is going to need some notebooks, pens, and pencils to start off the year. Uniforms are another story.

Buying uniforms for 3 different children in 3 different sizes can be a pain. Usually I shop at Old Navy, The Children's Place, or JC Penney for their uniforms. I am hoping that next week will be the week that they put them on sale for a great price. I absolutely LOVE the uniforms. No fighting with them for what they will wear or what shirt and pants match. It is all there for them to just put on after they wake up and eat breakfast. Some people don't like them because of the cost, but I like them because they are convenient for my boys. 

This time of year also means that it is time to get back in the groove of going to bed and awaking early. I am an early riser; I love to see the sun come up as dawn peeks its beautiful head. My boys, however, love sleeping late. I made it a habit to see that they go to bed between 8-9 pm but I don't get them up early until the week before school. LG is probably the only one who is actually anxious to go back to school to see his friends. JK and MG are still on the fence about being ready. They have another 4 weeks to get ready. It is approaching quickly.

When do your children start school again?  How do you prepare your children to get ready for school time again? 

No comments:

Post a Comment